Thursday, July 9, 2009

Goodbye Pages

I have no problem calling Pages Toronto's premier book store. Now it's closing.

But it's a new world, isn't it? I saw this news first on Twitter. Someone linked to the Torontoist story.

Looks like the This is Not a Reading Series will continue, which is somewhat consoling. But for those who'd like to save Pages, including me!

Independent book stores have been disappearing for a decade or more now.

There's something going on with the future of books. Who knows what.

Somewhere in all of this, literature will survive.

I have some photographs that I took on Queen West in the 1980s that I will add to this blog post soon. When I think of Pages, I think of 1987.

I think of that ad from NOW of the boy smoking!

Pages, you were great. You are still until August 31st!!

Added link: Toronto Star article, July 10, 2009

No comments: