Saturday, June 18, 2011

Random Recommendations

Over the years people have recommended books to me, and I've collected a small pile of torn bits of paper with authors and titles scribbled in corners.

I've been recently cleaning up my crap and was going to throw out these random recommendations, but I decided to post this odd little list here instead.

(I haven't read any of them. I'm a bad receiver of recommendations.)
  • Robert Lecker, Making It Real: The Canonization of English-Canadian Literature (Anansi, 1995)
  • John Glassco, Memoirs of Montparnasse
  • Celine, Journey to the End of the Night
  • Anthony de Mello, Awareness
  • Marjorie Howes, Yeats' Nations
  • Donald T. Phillips, Martin Luther King on Leadership
  • Paul Smith, Discerning the Subject
  • Erving Goffman, The Presentation of the Self in Everyday Life
  • Charles Taylor, Sources of the Self
  • Homage to Robert Frost
  • William Maxwell, So Long, See You Tomorrow
  • Robert Schneider, Brother of Sleep
  • P Fitzgerald The Blue Flower

1 comment:

Chris said...

So Long, See You Tomorrow is a great book.